Saturday, May 07, 2005

The War on Nelson

As I have said previously, I really want to take 246 this summer from Miller in the first session. Having Miller four days a week for OS would be a lot of fun.

But it's increasingly clear that due to the small number of students, only one of the sections can survive, and it's possible both might not.

Nelson's section has four (now five) students, Miller's has seven. But Nelson decided to do something quite underhanded: he sent out a mass email to everyone taking 236 asking them to take his 246 section.

I told Miller about this, and received this reply. It's a classic (slightly edited to protect emails and removing my name):

Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 12:11:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Carol Miller (email removed)
To: Weather-Boy (email removed)
Subject: Re: 236 and Operating Systems (fwd)

Grrr. Nelson used his special access to mailing lists to send this. I don't have same access...and I have complained.

He has 5 students and we have 7. Both need 12.

Carol

We must do war upon Nelson and take back what is rightfully our's!

METAR KRDU 072051Z 10SM SCT090 BKN250 24/07 A2995 RMK SLP140

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home