Sunday, May 11, 2008

Who knew that paying $5.99 for a Haruhi single would be so worth it?

When I saw the Master Keaton DVD 1 on Deal of the Day for $0, it seemed to good to pass up (what I'd wind up paying was shipping on it, at about $3). So since extra item ship at $1 more, I reasoned that I might as well throw a few things on the order, which got me to order one of the Haruhi singles for $5.99 (still overpriced though for 3 tracks).

So how was I to know that 2 songs (I really don't like "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu", which was the op for the episode 0 of Haruhi) would significant entertainment for most of the weekend so far? Not I. Granted, my feeling is that the "A" side ("God Knows...") is stronger than the "B" side ("Lost My Music"), but the latter is pretty decent (it's just that "God Knows..." is much more likely to get stuck in my head).

At 12:18 for the disc, and paying $5.99 for it, that's still about $2.00/track, or about 49 cents/minute, which really isn't particularly good as music goes (it's better than if I had imported it, which you more or less have to do for a lot of OST's these days, or wind up buying what you would reasonably conclude is a bootleg copy), but I think it's paid for itself thus far. Now if they would just release a real OST for the show, that might be nice, instead of about a dozen character song singles.

In other news, Tokyopop's rerelease of Aria 2 hits the streets on Tuesday (volumes 1-3 were originally released by ADV), which I'm certainly looking forward to.

METAR KIGX 111556Z 36012G37KT 4SM BR OVC008 13/12 A2964 RMK SLP033 P0001

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home