Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Test fallout...

So I get my MEA 200 (oceanography) test back. This class is an intro level class, so it should be fairly easy, right? I got an 82, which probably could have been better, but compared to the rest of the class, might be generous....

This is one of 3 grades in the course--each equally weighted, 50 question multiple choice tests. So, to make it clear how everyone did, here is the distribution. The highest score was a 94, the median was a 70, and the mean was a 65. The rest of the distribution:

Range     Frequency
90-100     2
80-90     13
70-80     20
60-70      9
50-60     13
40-50      9
30-40      2

Oh, by the way, there is no curve on this test, or any indication that there will be any curve. I figured out that if I want an A in the class (assuming 93=A, which actually might not be true), I have to miss no more than 2 questions for the remainder of the semester. A bit close.

My assembler grade was much nicer--got it by email tonight, and it had three digits in it, which made me happy. It might be easier to get an A+ in that class than an A- in oceanography, and there's no way I would've thought that before the semester.

And finally: Naruto fans--I feel your pain. I know that one day something I like dearly will too be licensed.

METAR KRDU 160351Z 00000KT 10SM BKN150 OVC250 11/06 A3005 RMK SLP176
Slight edits--fixed distribution; professor wrote in a later email that he adjusts grades at the end of the course (he still won't disclose how he does that though!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home